Making a financial contribution
You decide how much to donate after selecting an option below. Pick a project or let GSC decide how best to allocate your funds. For example, help provide better health and improved self-esteem through our Denture Project.
- Make a General or Program Donation
- Buy book of Homeless Poetry and support Tent City 3, $15.00
- Make a donation by mail with a check payable to Greater Seattle Cares
- Can’t make a financial contribution today?
How about donating goods and services, volunteering or preparing a meal?
What your dollars help support
A few examples of what your dollars help support – from the camp’s day-to-day operational needs to GSC’s special projects.
- Sponsoring the Medical Teams International Mobile Dental Clinic
- The GSC Denture Program
- Purchasing supplies for move day
- Restocking the pantry
- Purchasing bus tickets
- Paying for the Honey Buckets (Porta-potties)
- Paying for garbage pick-up
What your donation can buy
- $9 buys a large roll of Gorilla tape, which the campers use to repair tents and keep the camp together.
- $50 buys a basic two-man tent.
- $120 buys a commercial-grade 100-cup coffee maker, to supply campers with a hot drink to keep them warm in winter.
- $150 buys the makings for a hot meal for 100 TC3 campers.
- $175 can buy a portable carport, which can be used to create a dry public gathering area in the camp.
- $250 buys the supplies for one Move Day.
- $350 buys a full upper or lower denture for a camper with missing teeth.
- $400 brings the MTI dental van to Tent City 3 for one visit, during which two dentists can see 14 -20 patients.
- $4500 will pay for porta-potties, garbage pick-up and bus tickets for the camp for one month.